Sunday, November 1, 2015

I.W.U.L.T. Channeling the lovely Audrey H.

                                                              
 
      Okay this is a quick " I woke up like this " look of the day.  To be honest it's been on Instagram (@borntoolatefashionablyspeaking) for a bit but I've been running around like crazy with doc appointments. And I have gotten the messages asking for updates on my lupus and I promise to do a post about it soon, maybe even a video. However enough of that lets get down to some fashion Dolls!
Look of the Day: Audrey H.
The Dress:
I'm wearing is late 1950's vintage perasico A-line dress. It has sheer sleeves and sheer ascents on the shoulders. As well as floweral embroidery also done in black. I wore a black crinoline slip under the dress so the dress could have the more high fashion look.  Originally the dress had a belt but it was lost so I acquired it without one although I actually like the way this dress in particular looks in belted since its still very flattering so I went without
Accessories:
I'd had a Audrey musical movie fest  at the time I wore this dress. I'm sure you know how that feels we vintage Dolls get so caught up in our favorite classic sirens that we cant help but want to steal their looks a bit. In this case I wanted to capture Mrs Hepburn's  spirit more so than try to clone a look . For earrings I wore a simple pair of vintage Pearl studs. Since the accents on the dress where pretty striking I left the jewelry there and let the dress speak for itself.  For shoes I wore a pair of black flat maryjanes by Comfy Sole.
 
 
Hair:
As a pop of colour I wore a pink blushed lily hair flower. For the actual style I kept it naturally curly. I used frankesence & mryth oil and mixed it with doves new curl pomade to give me shine and counteract frizz. I parted my hair to the side and did a simple roll.  On the opposite side I placed the flower arranging it so it laid flat to my head.
Well that's that hope this give you ideas for you own inspiration looks Darlings. Hope to see your looks on Instagram and Facebook.
               
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Doll we enjoy hearing from you