Sunday, August 2, 2015

I woke up like this: Distractions and Disruptions

  
     Well Darlings we're back with another I.W.U.L.T. Since its Sunday I thought I'd share with you Dolls my church look. I remember going through the closet on Sundays when it was still getting comfortable with myself and how I was choosing to express it. Depending on the church you attend  you can be in front of  the closet for hours wanting to stay true to your style yet being sure to remain respectful. A lot of the times in my early awkward years I found myself going to the complete extreme and wearing a lot of frumpy too old clothing.
    
      I thought this made me inconspicuous, and that I was appropriately dressed. Well it took awhile to be honest with myself. Cause the truth was I was neither of those things. I only drew more attention to myself being a young woman dressed so decrepitly old and that's not what we're going for. Because of this I was a big distraction and disruption. The exact thing I didn't want to be. This story I'm sharing isn't just about church or etc...that's just Just my example. Because the truth is I still go through this very thing all time. As long as you look like this and by that I mean outside of "societies norm" you'll be dealing with  this it if not from one person than another, then in some form or another. What you need to do is decide that, what you think of yourself matters more than any looks or opinions. 
     
       So just like everyone else has their wardrobe staples it's essential that us sassy Pinups have our's as well. Wardrobe staples are in a nutshell lifesavers. This is what you're going to reach for when you have to go to work, or a wedding (and don't want to upstage the bride). As well as the basis on which you'll use to expand you're wardrobe. So here is my list of a few staple items that every Doll needs.
                       
 
The Pinup Dolls Lists of Wardrobe Staples:
 
> Highwaist Pencil skirt: you can never have too many of these, trust me dolls. What a good pencil skirt does for a woman's hips should be illeagal. I reccomend having as many colors as possible, I know we vintage girls tend to gravitate to black but trying out- let's say a hot pink skirt for ex. is a great way to break you out of your comfort zone.
 
> Full skirt: otherwise known as the midi skirt for our modern times; this looks great on everyone. It's Ultra slimming and they're great for all occasions.
 
> Shift dress: Another you can never have too many of. They are super cute and extremely verstile. I have a beloved small collection of late 50's-early 60's shift dresses and they have gotten me through many a emergency.
 
> Wiggle dress: There is never an occasion that doesn't call for a wiggle dress (but thats' just the type of Dame I am)
 
> Cardigan: If you don't know by now you will soon; a Cardigan is your bestfriend. They can completely change a outfit. And never fear if you can't find a vintage one. They're some amazing goth, rock, and reproduction companies that make amazing ones.
 
> Pearl necklace: Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than a set of pearls laying flush against glowing naked skin.
 
> Black MaryJanes: These have got to be one of my favorite pairs of shoes and they are versitile which give you countless Wardrobe  choices.
 
> White button-down blouse: This is a wardrobe classic you can litteally weara white button-down a different way every day of the week. Its that versitile. They go from day to night and even to evening wear if done well.
 
> Leather Skirt: I know this one is unexpected but trust me every doll needs a leather skirt in her closet. 
 
 
> Gloves: I happen to be a big fan of the Phillosiphy that a lady never leaves the house without her gloves. They give you that added something. You'll find yourself walking with an extra bounce.
 
> High-waisted trouser and wideleg pant: A highwaist is a pinups best friend (especially if you're a hourglass figure like me). No matter what you wear with these you'll look great, this is stress-free dressing.
 
> Saddle shoes and creepers: I suggest two pairs one classic. But the second go loco get a color or print something that reflects you.
 
> Vintage Camisole: You can never have too many of these. These are what you'll be wearing with those Pencil skirts and trousers for example.
 
>Vintage Tees: This is up to you you know your style and what will go with your skirts and things.
 
> Sweater chain: These are worn with your cardigans and are a great way of adding your personality in a subtle way. Especially if at work, etc.
 
> Lingere: Foundation is the most important thing your clothing won't look good if the base is haphazard, and unstable. You need a Garter, shaper /girdle/ Corset, longline bra, Strapless Shaper, backless Shaper.
 
> Pillbox hat: It's a vintage staple and its one of the few hat styles that is flattering on all facial shapes.
 
> Vintage Suit: Its my opinion that the 1940's and the 1960's made some of the best suits and 2pc dress ensambles. Every Doll needs to save up and invest in at least one of each of these peices. The wardrobe possibilties are endlessand besides that they're amazing Collectors items.
 
> Swing jacket: these mod classics are a great staple to any wardrobe and are very stylish

 
 
I woke up like this: Look of the Day
 
>> Felt like being made up today for church so here is the result
***Birdcage veil (Brought from PUG years ago, but I altered it to what you see in the picture)
Also wearing oil of Olay Fresh effects BB cream in light to medium mixed with maybelline touch of light face glow
Lipstick is loreal infallble in crimson ***
   
        
 
P.s. come follow me on instagram @borntoolatefashionablyspeaking and join in the fun everyday. 


1 comment:

  1. I love midi skirts they are a staple in my wardrobe you look gorgeous too!http://www.fadedspring.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment Doll we enjoy hearing from you