Thursday, May 29, 2014

Vintage Muse Series: Recreating the Look Challenge: Breakfast at Tiffany’s


     

        I think it’s safe to say that there are a few movies that will forever be considered the Holy Grail for us Vintage Dolls. Gentleman Prefer Blondes, Funny Face, and Breakfast at Tiffany’s to name a few are at the top of the list. So when I was trolling through Netflix on my roku this past Saturday and came across Breakfast at Tiffany’s it wasn’t any surprise when inspiration seemed to just jump up and hit me over the head. Not only is this movie not one of my favorites for obvious reasons but the styling was some of the best ever and in my opinion has yet to be topped. So once I was properly inspired I went on google to look for a picture of the exact ensemble in the movie I was looking to replicate. 
inspiration outfit
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
inspiration hat
       Now like I tell you Dolls all the time remember to make things work for you specially; you don’t want to walk around stiff and uncomfortable or feeling daft once your in the light of day cause you feel all costumey. So I decided that even though I liked the hat Audrey Hepburn wore with the dress in the movie scene I choose I didn’t think it would flatter me so after coming across this amazing picture on pintrest; I found this gorgeus vintage hat from an vintage ebay retailer (who was amazing by the way).  
So I figured what better challenge for myself than to combine the two looks and see what we come up with. And even better I'd love to see what you come up with too, so send me you inspiration and end result pics for me to share.

totally fabulous end result
 

 

                          Fashionably Speaking…Joie Cuentista




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Doll we enjoy hearing from you